For quick answers to general usability questions, we recommend your visit our friendly Trainz forums,
To submit a Support Ticket, click on the Troubleshooter Button, then follow the steps through to the appropriate Category. Login using your Simulator Central or MyTrainz Username and Password.
To ensure we can provide quality, timely responses to as many customers as possible, we have made some changes to the helpdesk support service.
- We will only support tickets submitted in English. Please use an online translation tool to translate your messages.
- We will assist users with problems related to orders, downloading, installation or access only.
- Any questions about general product usage will be referred to our community forums, Trainz wiki and Knowledgebase articles.
Thanks for your understanding.
Downloading from the Download Station
Posted by N3V Games (Zec) on 23 February 2016 12:04 PM
We recommend searching for and downloading content using the included Content Manager in Trainz.
Use the following steps to search for content:
1) Open Content Manager by clicking on 'Manage Content' on the launcher screen.
2) Select the 'Download Station' option in the Filter: dropdown list. This will show all content on the Download Station.
3) To do a simple keyword search, simply enter your search (this can be more than 1 word) into the 'search' box at the top right.
4) To do a more complex search using custom filters, open the filter list by clicking on the grey arrow to the left of 'Filter:'.
5) Click on the '+' button on the right to add a new filter to the list.
6) Select the desired filter from the list in the left hand box.
For example, if you want just locomotives, select the 'category' filter, then set the right hand box to 'locomotive'. You can add as many filters as you require for your search.
To view the details of an asset, either double click on the asset or left click on it to select it, then press 'CTRL' + 'I'. This will show the description (if available), Author's username, kuid, and the thumbnail.
To download an asset, either right click on it and click on 'download', or click on the 'download' button in the Asset Details window.