For Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019, the main installer installs the 'core' installation of Trainz. This is the same version as the Digital version.
The remaining content is install installed separately, either by downloading in-game or by following the guide below for Boxed versions.
For information on installing Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 itself, please see Installing the boxed edition of TRS19.
Installing Content from Disk or USB
- Install TRS19, and ensure that you have entered your MyTrainz username and password into the Trainz Settings
- Click File > Install Purchased Items from Disk (Explorer or 'Open' will open)
- Navigate to your DVD or USB Drive.
- Select the appropriate Folder in the Explorer/Open window (e.g. North America Edition)
- Click "Select Folder".
- The installation process will commence.
- Once installed, it will show as "Complete".
- If you have purchased the UK Edition, ensure you install the content from both Disk 1 & 2.
- If you have purchased the full edition, install the EU, NA and UK editions.
- Congratulations, your content is now installed. You are ready to click Start Trainz and enjoy the new content.
NOTE: Your disk or USB may include additional content you have not yet purchased. You can purchase the items from the store to authorise the additional content.
- You must have your MyTrainz account's username and password entered in the Trainz Settings to install content from the disc.
- If your version of Trainz does not have the "Install purchased items from disk" option, then you need a more up to date version of Trainz.
This option is currently available for TRS19 Build 100240 or higher.
- "Unknown/invalid package format" - Ensure you select the correct folder on your DVD. This process only works for .tzarc files made specifically for installation from disk. It will not work for other file types such as .cdp files.
- "No items match your search" - Ensure you select the Folder (which may appear empty if you try to open it in Windows)
- "Unable to copy data" - check your harddrive is not full.
- "Unable to communicate with DRM Server" - You must be online to authorise your installation of this content. Please check your internet connection.
Tags: Regional edition, installing content, European, United Kingdom, North America, EU, UK, NA, edition