Please use the Search Box above to search for keywords related to your issue. Using one or two keywords works best.
For quick answers to general usability questions, we recommend your visit our friendly Trainz forums,
To submit a Support Ticket, click on the Troubleshooter Button, then follow the steps through to the appropriate Category. Login using your Simulator Central or MyTrainz Username and Password.
NEW HELPDESK REQUIREMENTS
To ensure we can provide quality, timely responses to as many customers as possible, we have made some changes to the helpdesk support service.
- We will only support tickets submitted in English. Please use an online translation tool to translate your messages.
- We will assist users with problems related to orders, downloading, installation or access only.
- Any questions about general product usage will be referred to our community forums, Trainz wiki and Knowledgebase articles.
If your ticket does not meet these requirements, you will receive a standard response informing you of the new requirements.
Thanks for your understanding.
Mac Online Patch Installer - TANE
Posted by N3V Games (Paul) on 27 April 2016 02:08 PM
This article provides a step by step guide to using the Online Patch Installer found at the TANE SP1 Patching Page. This online patch installer can be used to install all current updates for TANE.
- Download the Patch Installer from the link above
- Select the downloaded file and right-click > Open With > Archive Utility
- Select the Patch Installer.app that you unzipped and double click to launch the application
- Click "Change Targets" then navigate to select the folder where Trainz A New Era is already installed
- Hint: Default location is either Applications/Trainz A New Era or Applications/TANE SP1/Trainz A New Era depending on the version you first installed
- /Applications/Trainz A New Era.app will appear greyed out in the path
- Click Next to continue
- Enter your MyTrainz username and password then click Next
- Select the patch stream (usually Public Stream is the correct default option) then click Next
- "Checking for available patches" will appear, then click "Apply Patch" when the patch is found (see below if the patch is not found)
- Enter your Administrator username and password when prompted (note: NOT your MyTrainz username this time)
- "Reading Configuration" then "Checking target" will show in the Patch Installer window, then the download will commence
- Once the file is downloaded, then the installation will continue showing "Installing"
- If successful, the "Installation Complete" message will appear.
- "No patch is available" error - please check that you are patching the correct build number and that you have chosen the correct patch Stream.
- "No patchable products" error - while this username may be valid, the message indicates it is not authorised for this version of TANE. Please check that you are using the account that is registered for TANE.
- "Selected Target is not valid" - you have not selected the correct folder where your version of TANE is installed
- Contact Helpdesk if you are still unable to troubleshoot your issue
Tags: Installing, Mac