For quick answers to general usability questions, we recommend your visit our friendly Trainz forums,
To submit a Support Ticket, click on the Troubleshooter Button, then follow the steps through to the appropriate Category. Login using your Simulator Central or MyTrainz Username and Password.
To ensure we can provide quality, timely responses to as many customers as possible, we have made some changes to the helpdesk support service.
- We will only support tickets submitted in English. Please use an online translation tool to translate your messages.
- We will assist users with problems related to orders, downloading, installation or access only.
- Any questions about general product usage will be referred to our community forums, Trainz wiki and Knowledgebase articles.
Thanks for your understanding.
How can I tell if the Online Installer is still downloading?
Posted by N3V Games (Zec) on 10 January 2020 02:00 PM
If the progress bar has reset, such as after clicking retry after a connection failure message, you can check that the download is progressing by following these steps:
1) Open Windows Explorer (aka File Explorer, My Computer, etc)
2) Locate the folder that you ran the installer from (this will likely be the folder you downloaded the installer into)
3) In this folder, locate the file called 'patch.bin'
This is the main file being downloaded during the installation, and should increase in size as the file is downloaded.
You can check if the size is increasing by pressing F5 on your keyboard to refresh the file list, which should refresh the file size.
Note, some versions of Windows may still not update the size in this case. You may need to right click on the file, then click on properties. This should then show the current size of the file; now close the properties window, then right click again and click on properties. If the size has increased, then the installer is still downloading the files to install Trainz.