For quick answers to general usability questions, we recommend your visit our friendly Trainz forums,
To submit a Support Ticket, click on the Troubleshooter Button, then follow the steps through to the appropriate Category. Login using your Simulator Central or MyTrainz Username and Password.
To ensure we can provide quality, timely responses to as many customers as possible, we have made some changes to the helpdesk support service.
- We will only support tickets submitted in English. Please use an online translation tool to translate your messages.
- We will assist users with problems related to orders, downloading, installation or access only.
- Any questions about general product usage will be referred to our community forums, Trainz wiki and Knowledgebase articles.
Thanks for your understanding.
Where is my content stored in Trainz Simulator 2 Mac
Posted by N3V Games (Zec) on 01 May 2018 03:18 PM
In Trainz Simulator 2 Mac, all of your downloaded and custom content is stored in a 'data' folder in separate to Trainz itself. To find the 'data' folder, please follow these steps:
1) Open Finder
2) Navigate to the following folders: Macintosh HD -> Users -> (Your Mac Username) -> Library -> Containers -> com.n3vgames.trainzmac2 -> Data -> tz
3) You will now see a list of folders shown, such as 'local', 'original', 'packages', 'editing', etc.
The 'original' folder contains all unmodified content from the Download Station.
The 'local' folder contains all content that is modified, that you have created yourself, or that has been installed from locations other than the DLC system or the Download Station
The 'packages' folder contains all payware content that has been installed via the in-game DLC system.