BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
1: This installation will require 40GB free disk space on your C: Drive.
2. Your hardware must meet our minimum requirements to run Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019. Please visit https://support.trainzportal.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/38/0/finding-your-system-specifications for further information.
3. For information on installing additional content from the disc, please see Installing additional content from the disc.
To install the DVD edition of Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019, please follow these steps:
1) Insert Disc 1 into your DVD drive
2) Double-click TRS19 Installer.exe to begin the installation process.
The Welcome to the Installer screen will appear.
Click Next to continue
3) The License Agreement window will appear. Read the license.
Click Agree to continue
4) The default install location of C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 will be shown.
If you wish to install into this location, click Next, otherwise select your preferred install location, then click Next.
NOTE: If this folder already exists, your installer will show a warning. If you really do wish to overwrite the version of Trainz that exists in this folder, then click Yes.
Otherwise click Cancel and select a new location to install TRS19.
5) Once you have selected the location and clicked Next, a window will show "This process will install TRS19."
Click Install to continue.
6) Windows may now show a security warning:
"Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?"
Click Yes to continue
7) You will now seeing a message "Reading Configuration".
Select "patch-1.bin" then click Open.
"Copying payload data" will show the installation progress.
Please be patient while the large amount of data is copied to your harddrive (2-5 minutes)
Once it has copied the 8GB file, you will be prompted to "Insert disk 2".
8) When prompted to insert Disc 2, navigate to your DVD Drive
e.g. DVD RW Drive (G:)
Select your DVD Drive, then select the patch-2.bin file and "patch-2.bin".
Click Open to continue.
9) The Installer will then continue copying the remaining files from Disk 2 to your harddrive.
Once again, please be patient while the large amount of data is copied to your harddrive (2-5 minutes)
The Installer will then show "Installing" and finally "Install Complete".
(If not, please check Troubleshooting below)
10) Choose "Launch TRS19" now and click Exit
Your install is complete and the TRS19 Launcher will automatically start.
- Do not run two installations from the disc at the same time. If you wish to install a second copy of Trainz, please run the installer again after the first installation has completed.
- Double clicking on your DVD drive will not the begin the installation, you will need to double click on the setup file within the DVD drive folder to begin the installation.
- If you do see issues with installing from the disc, then please try copying the files from each disc to your hard drive. You must place all files from each disc into the same folder for the installer to work correctly from your hard drive.
- Ensure that you have enough disc space on your hard drive to install Trainz. You will need enough space for the installer to 'unpack' to the hard drive, and for Trainz to be installed (minimum requirement of 50GB Free Space). Please note, the installer will use C:\ drive to unpack to, even if you select another drive to install Trainz to.
If there is not enough space available, then you will likely see the following error:
Disk full message error shows as "resumable timeout lock"
; <NULL> install-package "G:\UK Content Disk 1"
; <NULL> TrainzLockNativeFileSystem> resumable lock timeout: c:/users/james/appdata/local/n3v games/trs19/build e0eb53qu1/packages/sc484d.tzarc
- <NULL> Unable to read package: sc484d
- <NULL> Installation of the content package 'sc484d' failed.
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file g:/uk content disk 1/sc484f.tzarc to C:/Users/James/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build e0eb53qu1/packages/sc484f.tzarc (err 0x00000070)
- <NULL> Installation of the content package 'sc484f' failed due to immovable existing data.
Once the Launcher appears, click Start Trainz to bring up the Trainz Product Key entry window.
NOTE: If the Product Key entry window does not appear, click Trainz Settings > Install tab.
Enter the Product Key found inside the cover of your box into the box then click the + icon to add the Product key.
If you wish to use your version of Trainz online (e.g. to use the Download Station, DLC items, Multiplayer etc)
then click the Internet Tab and check the "Enable Online Features" option.
Then enter your MyTrainz/Planet Auran username and password.
Then close all windows and restart the Launcher for the change to take effect.
Cick Start Trainz and wait for the engine startup to complete (this can take several minutes).
Your installation and startup are now complete.
(If the "Starting Trainz" window remains for more than 15 minutes, see the Troubleshooting section below)
To register your version of Trainz to your MyTrainz account, follow these steps
Log in to MyTrainz.com (Planet Auran).
Select Serial Number in the left hand column.
Enter your Product Key, then click Submit.
Also enter the Product Key on the “Redeem Trainz Code” page to unlock your additional content.